The Avett Brothers
I've had no time to come up with a mix this week, wompwomp. On the other hand, the bookmarks tab on my computer is overwhelmed with music related links. So waste some time and lose yourself in some randoms I thought to be interesting...
On another note: I did see the Avett Brothers this past Friday at the Aragon Ballroom here in Chicago and it was really outstanding. They played a great set and combined with the beauty of The Aragon Ballroom itself (built in 1926, the interior looks like a little Spanish village) made for an incredibly fun night. I suppose the beers helped, too. On to the links:
- Music For Kids Who Can't Read Good's best albums of 2011 (so far) list complete with sample downloads.
- 10 specialist blogs for music nerds provided by Flavorpill
- I found this particularly useful in my life: songs to soundtrack your quarterlife crisis
- songs inspired by poets
- an amazing a cappella cover of Wicked Game
- another extensive list by MFKWCRG (see first bullet point): 50 songs of the decade
- 15 Years of of Pitchfork Interviews has some really great excepts:
"You know, the Scarecrow needed a brain, the Tin Man needed a heart, and the other dude needed courage. I need love, you feel me?" - Ghostface Killah, 2009
couldn't find a source for the photo
if anyone knows, please contact me so I can give credit where credit's due.