I was incredibly lucky to see this performed live. These guys were dead-on. The amount of laugh-crying I experienced left me in physical pain. Really, I felt muscles in my stomach the next morning that I forgot I had.
*update: Changed the video to footage of when I was actually there. You can view the previous video I had up here.
This week has zoomed by. School stuff, work stuff, friends stuff. I'm not complaining. I like it busy. When my life is duller and I have less going on I get bored. It is, however, mind boggling how quickly a few days can pass. It's like dreaming while awake. Days become fused together in a time lapse haze. Yesterday already seems days ago. Tomorrow will be here before I know it. But before I go into my default rambling mode, let's just skip to the goods: this week's playlist. Enjoy.
1. Replicate - Fanfarlo
2. Tired Eyes - Young Man
3. Engine - Neutral Milk Hotel
4. Television - You Won't
5. Decisions (feat. Yuksel Arslan) - How to Dress Well
6. Coming Down - Dum Dum Girls
7. Won't Let You Leave - Jenny O
8. Ripchord - Rilo Kiley
9. Roman Candles - Suckers
10. Definite Darkness - Cymbals Eat Guitars
You can download the mix here: dreaming while awake
Please: If you enjoy the music, seek and out and support the artist (ie: buy music).
original image source
- The Sleep Talkin' Man is hilarious
- 5 to-do lists to change your life? I need very little convincing to make lists already...
- autumn/winter = movie season: Flavorpill made us a list.
- a staggering look at the immigration process (via yum&yuk)
- the future of publishing?
- and, lastly, this video reminds me of my old stomping grounds in London:
photo credit (rad shot!)
The end of summer not only marks a season for change, but a season where I literally need to pinch myself not to lag a little. Having only returned to school last year, I still have to remind myself how quickly work piles up. Autumn is always the opening scene of my juggling act: studies, jobs that pay my bills, and sleep.
I love Autumn, however. I love the change in the light, the way the air smells almost crisp, and especially the colors. Nothing beats walking to work, or school, with my ipod playing my favorite songs, watching the sky, and breathing in deeply. I almost (almost) feel it's an equal trade. Nature's way of saying "Yeah, I know life is going to be a bitch for a few months again, but here, take this. It'll sweeten the deal." (And in my head Nature sounds a bit like a cross between Julie Andrews and Whoopi Goldberg... weird? Maybe.)
Unfortunately last weeks mix was skipped (I forgot to pinch myself), but I hope this one makes up for it. Enjoy.
1. Well Ok Honey - Jenny O
2. Battery Kinzie - Fleet Foxes
3. Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise - The Avett Brothers
4. Addicted to Love - Florence + The Machine
5. You Made A Believer Out Of Me - Ruby Andrews
6. I Might - Wilco
7. Chapel Song - We Are Augustines
8. Two Cousins - Slow Club
9. Bad Kids - Black Lips
10. Little Talks - Of Monsters & Men
you can download the mix: here
Please: If you enjoy the music, seek out and support the artist (ie: buy music)
John and Joe - StoryCorps 9/11 animation from Rauch Brothers on Vimeo.
"I don't have any coulda, shoulda, or woulda's... I wouldn've have changed anything. There's not many people that the last words they say to their son or daughter is I love you and the last words they heard was I love you, so, that makes me sleep at night." - John Vigiano Sr.
go here and here for other extraordinary 9/11 Storycorps animations.