11.14.2011

music for your ears: video and links


No mix this week. Unfortunately, time escaped me this weekend. On the bright side, this video by Jarbas Agnelli is incredibly interesting. Having taken a photograph of birds perched atop wires, he wondered what 'sound' they would make if they were instead notes on staff paper (the kind of paper you write music on). Without digitally altering any of the birds, he produced a melody to the photograph.

Agnelli said, "I knew it wasn't the most original idea in the universe. I was just curious to hear what melody the birds were creating." Well, I disagree. I think it was incredibly original and fascinating to watch. And it was a sweet melody, too, that will likely pop in my head now whenever I look up and see birds scattered along the wires.

Other musical links from around the webosphere:

No comments:

Post a Comment