8.29.2011

music for your ears: monday mix (& some comedy gold)


I really enjoyed the list that NPR's All Songs Considered put together of "Songs That Make You Feel Good." (A follow up to their list of "Songs That Make You Weep," which frankly would have been too long a list for me.)


There have always been some go-to songs for me when I need a little jump start into feeling good. Though I could have made a larger list than the one below, these are probably my top eight songs that make me feel good... and I hope they do the same for you. Enjoy.


Monday Mix
1. Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root
2. Feeling Good - Nina Simone
3. Good Vibrations (mono version) - The Beach Boys
4. Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
5. Sunlight - Harlem Shakes
6. Punching In A Dream - The Naked and Famous
7. Dog Days Are Over - Florence and the Machine
8. Walking On Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves


you can download the mix here: feel good songs
Please: If you enjoy the music, seek and out and support the artist (ie: buy music).


photo credit


And in the very rare cases when music can't completely get me feeling good, comedy is always my second solution. So check these out too. Bookmark them. Use them when needed.

MITCH HEDBERG


ZACH GALIFIANAKIS  -  (jump to 2:50 for my favorite character)


KATT WILLIAMS

No comments:

Post a Comment